SILVER RUSH 15-MILE RUN
July 6, 2019
New to 2019, the Silver Rush 50 weekend will be adding a 15.5 mile Run race on Saturday, July 6th at 8:30 a.m. This race will start and finish on the same course as the Silver Rush 50 Run, but will feature mostly single track for the 15.5-miles. This race provides an excellent entry option into ultra running and will, of course, be accompanied by the tremendous Leadville views along the way.
2019 registration is now open!
Friday, July 5
• 4 p.m. – 8 p.m: Registration and packet pickup at LRS Headquarters, 316 Harrison Ave.
Saturday, July 6
• 5 a.m- 5:45 a.m: Registration and packet pickup at base of Dutch Henri Hill (start/finish area)
• 6 a.m: Race start at base of Dutch Henri Hill
• 8:30 a.m: 15.5 Mile run race start at base of Dutch Henri Hill – New to 2019!
• 12 p.m: Duathlon start at base of Dutch Henri Hill – 2.5 mile course (bike 1 lap, run l lap) 5 miles total – New to 2019!
Sunday, July 7
• 12 p.m: New Silver Rush weekend festival including live music, a beer garden, food, and much more!
Silver Rush 15-Mile Run
DIRECTIONS TO THE START / FINISH – DUTCH HENRI HILL
The Silver Rush 15-Mile MTB course starts and finishes at the base of Dutch Henri Hill, located just below Colorado Mountain College on Highway 24 South.
From the intersection of Harrison and 6th (stop light in the middle of town):
- Go south for 1.2 miles on Harrison/Hwy 24
- Pass USFS building on right, CMC sign on left
- Arrive at start /finish
PARKING AT THE START / FINISH
Parking is located at the Colorado Mountain College. NO Parking is allowed on either side of Highway 24 or Lake County 41. If you park along these roads, you will be ticketed and towed. There are parking attendants on staff for the Silver Rush 50 and there is no charge to park. Overflow parking is located at the Community Park/Rodeo Grounds parking areas located just west of the Intersection of McWethy and West 6th Street. Please use the crossing located on the Mineral Belt Trail to cross Highway 24. Colorado State Patrol will be monitoring pedestrian travel for safety.
If you have registered for the 2019 race but are unable to participate, you may defer your registration to next year’s event for a fee. Please note that deferrals must be requested at least ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE EVENT.
To sign up for a deferral, log into your Chronotrack account and follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Once you are logged in, click on “Change Race” in the upper right corner.
- Step 2: Click on “Defer my registration for another event.”
- Step 3: Click “Continue”
- Step 4: You will see the fee to change – click on “Proceed to Checkout”
- Step 5: Enter in your payment information.
Please note: You will receive an email with your deferral code for the 2020 event. Please keep this in a safe place to register with when we open our 2020 event registration! If you have any questions about the deferral process, please contact Athlete Services.
Our races are Zero Waste events. Look for recycle and compost bins at every aid station and start/finish. Please discard any trash in an appropriate container. Intentional littering on the course will be grounds for disqualification. The course—on trails both public and private—travels past many historic sites and through areas of exceptional beauty. Help us keep them pristine.
We will be recycling all plastic, aluminum and cardboard during these races, and all our events. We’ll take care of this at the aid stations. At the start/finish, please ensure you place trash or recyclable materials in the appropriate containers, which will be well marked.