AUSTIN RATTLER RUN
Presented by La Sportiva
NOVEMBER 4TH, 2023
The Austin Rattler Run takes participants on a double-loop course split between dirt roads and single tracks through the Texas countryside. With three distance options — 10 mile, 20 mile, and 50k — this race offers the perfect opportunity to test that fitness you’ve built all season.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
*All activities take place at Reveille Peak Ranch (105 CR 114, Burnet, TX 78611)
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3rd
• 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Packet pickup @Pavilion
• 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Live music @Pavilion
• 4:00 p.m. Kids Race
*COMING IN HOT!* – kids will have the opportunity to run on the ranch and cross the finish line in style!
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 4th
• 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Packet pickup @Pavilion
Photo ID is required.
• 6:00 a.m. – Food – Texas Heat will be serving food onsite all day, with coffee and breakfast tacos available in the morning and a brisket BBQ menu for the afternoon
• 7:30 a.m. 50K START
• 8:30 a.m. 20M | 10M START
• 10:00 a.m. Finish Festival Begins
Join us for live music from a local band, beer, great food and even better company.
• 12:00 p.m. 10M Awards Ceremony
• 1:30 p.m. 20M Awards Ceremony
• 1:30 p.m. Final Lap Cutoff
All runners attempting the third lap must be through the start/finish.
• 3:30 p.m. 50K Awards & LT100 Lottery
We’ll call up age class winners for their place on the podium.
• 4:00 p.m. Official Finish Time
Runners must finish by this time to be eligible for the LT100 Run lottery. Stick around for an announcement to enter your race number (a tab attached to your race bib) into the hat for your chance to win a coveted LT100 Run slot. Winners must be present to claim their spot.
See the LT100 Qualifier Explanation below for more info
Reveille Peak Ranch is open for riding and running from now until race day
$10 fee for anyone pre-riding/running – payable at the gate check-in
REGISTER & RECEIVE
PARTICIPANT SWAG – All registered participants will receive:
Beer or Seltzer – each rider will receive 2 tickets for complimentary beverages
Parking is free on Friday & Saturday
Racers with guests coming for packet pick- up (not pre riding/running) can proceed to the Pavilion without a parking fee
- Life Time Registration opens for the 2023 Stages Cycling Austin Rattler Run on 1/03/23.
- Registration opens for the 2023 Stages Cycling Stages Cycling Austin Rattler Run on 1/10/23.
- 50K – $130
- 20M – $115
- 10M – $100
**Youth Pricing (18 and under) $50 any event
Minimum Age to Participate – riders and runners must be the following age on RACE DAY in order to register:
- 10-mile Run: 12
- 20-mile Run: 14
- 50K Run: 16
Our 10-mile features a mix of terrain that challenges runners while offering scenic views of the Texas Hill Country. 60% single track / 40% jeep roads. The course will be clearly marked with PINK SIGNS w/BLACK ARROWS and PINK FLAGGING
Interactive Map – GPS File download available here
50K Runners will do 3 loops
20M Runners will do 2 loops
10M Runners will do 1 loop
Route map for Austin Rattler 50k by Michael Melley on plotaroute.com
You must complete the 50K race in less than eight hours and 30 minutes to qualify for the Leadville Trail 100 run. Our desire is to see everyone finish, and we will support you the best we can. However, if we do need to remove someone for missing the cutoff, the decision of the race official is final.
Racers who are registered for the 50K distance will NOT be allowed to change and compete in the 20mi distance once the race begins. This will be an automatic DQ. If you are registered for the 50K and wish to change to the 20mi, please see the registration crew at packet pickup to switch the day prior to the race. Please know we are unable to provide a refund for the difference in price.
Please note: Due to safety restrictions on the course wheelchair participation is not permitted.
All runners will receive race bibs at packet pickup, and they must be worn and visible at all times on race day. Race bibs attach to your clothing and must not be cut or folded.
50K runners: keep the pull tab from your race plate for the LT100 Run lottery. This is your ticket to enter the drawing, which takes place after the 50K Awards Ceremony at 3:30 p.m. (see the Schedule for more information).
TRASH & RECYCLING
There will be trash bins and recycling containers at all aid stations and at the start/finish line. Please discard any trash in the appropriate container or within 100 yards of an aid station. We will be recycling all plastic and aluminum during each of our events. Intentional littering on the course will be grounds for disqualification. The course travels through areas of exceptional beauty. Help us keep them pristine!
- There will be one aid station at the start/finish area and no on-course aid stations.
- This means every 10 miles for the run. Plan to carry all the water and nutrition you need for each lap.
- Start/finish support includes water, Gnarly nutrition, Coke, and Kate’s Real Bars.
- There will be a dedicated neutral bag drop area at the start/finish aid station. You can place supplies at this location and access them as you pass through to start your next lap. All supplies must be in a bag. Please bring your own bag and keep it tidy.
- Crew will be allowed to set up and assist their riders/runners at the lake near the start/finish.
- No crew assistance within the barricaded start/finish area where drop bags are located
- No crewing is allowed on course, no exceptions.
Note: The 2023 Athlete Guide is now available! View and download the 2023 Athlete Guide here.
**Note: info in the Athlete Guide is subject to change, please monitor your email and the Leadville Race Series website in the days leading up to the event should there be any changes due to weather, etc.**
Get your Austin Rattler merchandise HERE!
- 12:00 pm 10M Awards
Awards will be given to the top 5 Males / top 5 Females overall.
- 1:30 pm 20M Awards
Awards will be given to the top 5 Males / top 5 Females overall.
- 3:30 pm 50K Awards
Awards will be given out to the top 3 Males / top 3 Females in each age class 29& under / 30-39 / 40-49 / 50-59 / 60-69 / 70+ / Para / Non-binary
LT100 MTB Qualification System:
The Austin Rattler event is a qualifier for the Life Time Leadville Trail 100 Run presented by La Sportiva and the Stages Cycling Leadville Trail 100 MTB. There are a total of 46 LT100 qualifier coins up for grabs at each of the Austin Rattler events, RUN & MTB. Half of the total LT100 coins will be distributed based on performance and half of the coins will be given away in the Event Lottery at the conclusion of the awards ceremony.
23 slots for each event will be distributed based on performance:
- Slots will be distributed to each gender and age group (29 and under, 30-39, etc., and based on the percentage of total athletes in those age groups), with a minimum of one slot for every age group.
- The top athletes in each age class will receive the allocated slots.
- In the event a top athlete elects not to accept a slot, the slot will roll down to the next athlete in the results within the age group.
- In the event slots are not claimed after the roll down in each age group, those slots will be allocated to the Event Lottery, as described below.
23 slots for each event will be distributed through the Event Lottery:
- All finishers under the predetermined maximum finish time who have indicated their desire to participate in the lottery will be entered in the lottery.
- Names will be drawn from the eligible lottery athletes and slots will be given out.
- In the event an athlete opts not to accept a slot, the slots will roll down to the next athlete that is drawn until ALL slots have been distributed.
- Qualification slots must be claimed in person immediately.
- Registration for the Leadville Trail 100 Run or Bike must be completed and paid for during the designated time offered.
- Only solo runners and bikers competing the required distance under the allotted cutoff time will be considered as potential qualifiers.
- All registration fees for the LT100 Run and Bike are non-transferable and nonrefundable.
Visit our LT100 MTB Qualification System page for more information.
Situated in the stunning rolling hills of the famous Texas Hill Country, the Highland Lakes of Burnet County offers abundant beauty and charming Texas hospitality. Enjoy clear lake waters, plentiful fishing and breathtaking sunsets, as well as other natural treasures like impressive caverns carved by running water, pristine parks, and nature preserves. Check out the Highland Lakes of Burnet County website to book anything from primitive campsites to lakeside lodging. > Find lodging
Camping at Reveille Peak Ranch
Reveille Peak Ranch has 250+ primitive campsites and six RV hookups with water and electricity. On-site facilities include restrooms/changing rooms with showers.
Reveille Peak Ranching Camping Information – HERE!
Spider Lake Accommodations
Spider Lake Accommodations Information – HERE!
NEW! We have updated our deferral policies for the 2023 Austin Rattler Run.
30 + Day Out From Event:
- Option 1: Receive a 70% refund on the entry fee.
- Option 2: Defer into the following year, pay a deferral fee of 40% of the entry fee.
- 50k Run Option 1: $91
- 50k Run Option 2: $52
- 20-mile Run Option 1: $80.50
- 20-mile Run Option 2: $46
- 10-mile Run Option 1: $70
- 10-mile Run Option 2: $40
30 – Day Out From Event:
- Defer into the following year, and pay a deferral fee of 40% of the entry fee.
There will be a dedicated neutral bag drop area at the start/finish aid station. You can place supplies at this location and access them as you pass through to start your next lap. All supplies must be in a bag. Please bring your own bag and keep it tidy.
Peter Spencer – course and event related information
Athlete Services Manager
Quinn Cooper – registration questions