June 23-25, 2023
Open to all runners, this camp offers an introduction to the Leadville Trail 100 Run presented by La Sportiva and is the perfect training tool for this year’s race. Seasoned veterans provide a great education as you cover the LT100 Run course over a three-day period.
Whether you’re a “Race Across the Sky” first-timer or an old hand, we encourage you to join us in Leadville for an informative look at the country’s most scenic and challenging ultra-run course. Group training runs — both day and night — will familiarize you with key sections of the course, and discussion sessions with race veterans will help you get the most out of your race experience. Come spend some quality time with us and get to know your fellow racers. Our training camp is an experience you will carry with you forever. We like to think of it as a long weekend of good food, good running and good friends. Please note that the schedule may have to be adjusted due to the snowpack, but we’ll try to keep you informed as the run date approaches.
All or part of this operation is conducted on Public Lands under special permit from the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.
This event is held on the San Isabel National Forest under a special use permit.
Friday, June 23rd 2023
- 3:30PM–6:30PM – Check-In at the Leadville Race Series Store – 316 Harrison Ave., Leadville, CO
- 6:00PM–6:30PM – Kickoff with Leadville Race Series Staff & Guides Introductions
- Welcome from LT 100 Legacy Foundation and race co-founders Ken Chlouber and Merilee Maupin
- 6:30PM–7:30PM – “Tackling the Race Across the Sky” and all 100 Miles in Between; How to Optimize for Success
- Lead by Ryan Krol, Rodrigo Jimenez, and Guides
- 7:30pm–7:50pm – Petzl Headlamp Demo with Cat Bradley and the Petzl Team
- Check-out Petzl’s latest headlamps and try them out for the night run!
- 7:50PM–8:00PM – Load shuttles and depart for Mayqueen9:00 PM–12:00 AM – Day One – Night Run (details below)
- Mayqueen Aid Station to Leadville Race Series Store.
- *Cut-off – We will implement a cut-off for anyone that may need extra rest for the big days ahead. Please know that you are important, your training is important and we want you to be successful. To ensure the best weekend possible for all, we will sweep the night run course and bring athletes and guides back as needed.
- Mayqueen Aid Station to Leadville Race Series Store.
- 11:00pm –12:30pm – Burritos at the Leadville Race Series Store.
THE RUN – DAY ONE
- 12.6 Miles
- 974′ ascent, 780′ descent
- Day 1 Route – Mayqueen to Leadville
Saturday, June 24th, 2023
- 6:30 AM–7:15 AM – Breakfast Q&A with Ryan, Rodrigo, and Camp Guides at Leadville Race Series Store
- Note: Shuttles and bag drop provided
- 7:15 AM – Load shuttles and depart for Mayqueen (Athletes to drive themselves or get a ride on shuttle bus)
- MUST BE ON SHUTTLES no later than 7:30am!
- 8:00 AM – 8:30AM – Dynamic stretching with Andrew Fast
- 8:30AM–3:00 PM – Mayqueen to Twin Lakes Run (details below)
- 12:00PM – Shuttles begin running from Twin Lakes to Leadville Race Series Store
- 1:30PM–3:00PM – Q&A with Ryan, Rodrigo and Guides at Twin Lakes
- Ryan, Cat Bradley and Guides will be available to talk through: challenges, growing pains from the day and topics ranging from: pacing, hydration, fueling, gear, address questions about Sunday’s run
- 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM – Dinner at Freight, 302 E. 9th St.
- 7:15pm – 8:30pm – Panel featuring LT100 Run veterans
- Rodrigo Jimenez
- Bob Africa
- Junko Kazukawa
- Donnamarie Provenzano
- Cat Bradley
- Danny Bundrock
- Jared Conlin
- Ryan Krol
THE RUN – DAY TWO
- 25.4 Miles
- 3241′ ascent, 3927′ descent
- Day 2 Route – Mayqueen to Twin Lakes
Sunday, June 25th, 2023
- 7:00AM – 7:50AM Breakfast and Check in at Leadville Race Series Store
- 7:30–7:50 AM – Ryan, Rodrigo cover reminders and tips for the day ahead, pacing, fueling, hydration, headspace
- 7:50AM – Load shuttles (Athletes to drive themselves or get a ride on shuttle bus)
- 8:00 AM – Depart from Leadville Race Series Store
- 9:00 AM – 9:30AM – Dynamic stretching with Andrew Fast
- 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM – Willis Gulch Trailhead to Winfield and back (details below)
- 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM – BBQ Lunch at Llama Parking Area
- 1:30PM–3:30PM – Final Q&A with Coaches and Camp Guides
- Topics: recap Day 3 route challenges, key takeaways, and how to adjust training for the next 6 weeks.
- 6:00PM – 8:00PM – Dinner at Freight – 302 E. 9th St
- 6:45PM–7:00PM – Tapering and next 6 weeks with Ryan, and Rodrigo
- 7:00PM – 7:30PM – Crewing Talk with Merilee, Sandy Mahon
- 7:30PM – 7:45PM – Dig Deep Farewells with Tamira, Ken and Merilee
THE RUN – DAY THREE
- 21.3 Miles
- 6693′ Ascent, 6696′ Descent
- Day 3 Route – Willis Gulch to Winfield
Interactive Pace Chart for your LT100 Run goal time can be found HERE!
2023 Entry Fees:
Camp + Entry: $1575
- Registration opens on 12/1/23
Camp Only: $850
- General Registration opens on 1/10/23
Early access registration for Camp Only is NOW OPEN for Life Time members:
- REGISTER HERE.
- In order to be eligible, members must have had digital or in-club memberships for at least 6 months prior to registration
- Membership number and date of membership will be verified during registration
- Limited availability, first come first served
- 17+ for participation in Run Camp
- Must be 18+ on race day for the LT100 Run
Each day make sure you have:
- Running shoes of preference
- Multiple pairs of socks
- Multiple pairs of shoes
- Running shorts
- Short sleeve shirt
- Long sleeve shirt
- Fleece mid-layer
- Rain shell
- Hat for the sun
- Trekking poles
- Water bottles or running pack of your preference
- Your planned nutrition so you can test it (you can also use our nutrition)
- And of course, anything else you think you will need!
NEW! We have updated our deferral policies for the 2023 Leadville Trail 100 Run Camp.
90 + Day Out From Event:
- Defer into the following year, pay a $150 fee.
89 Days or Less From Event:
- Defer into the following year, pay a $200 fee.
A race entry can only be deferred one time and only to the following year’s event.