SILVER RUSH 50 RUN
JULY 11, 2021
Take on 50 miles of extreme territory that starts at 10,200 feet and reaches 12,000 feet on four separate occasions at the Silver Rush 50 Run. It will leave your lungs burning, heart pounding and eyes completely amazed — while also preparing you for the pinnacle Leadville Trail 100 Run presented by La Sportiva.
Deferral Options will be available on RSU on Monday, May 18 at 5pm MT
Option 1: Donate your entry fee to your choice of the Life Time Foundation, Leadville Trail 100 Legacy Foundation or NICA (national or state league of your choice). We will be in touch to get your selection.
Option 2: Defer into 2021 Event
Option 3: Full refund on entry fee (excluding the service fees). No refunds are available to those that paid $0.00 for the 2020 registration fee.
Q: I have chosen to defer my registration to the 2021 Silver Rush Event (July 10th & 11th , 2021). What do I need to do now?
- ACTION REQUIRED: You will receive an email from us with instructions and your complementary deferral link in November 2020. You will have a window opportunity to register with the deferral.
Q: I can’t or do not want to attend the 2021 Silver Rush event. What are my options?
- You can choose to receive a refund of your registration fee (Option 3). OR choose to donate your entry fee to one of the foundations.*Athletes that have used their 2019 deferral to enter the 2020 event are allowed to roll the deferral to 2021. We cannot refund registrations from the 2019 events.
Q: I already chose to defer prior to the cancellation announcement. What does this mean for me?
- We will work to refund the fee that you have paid to defer. Please send us an email, email@example.com. There may be a bit of delay in response. Thank you for your patience!
Q: Can I get a refund?
- You can choose the refund option, Option 2. You will be refunded the registration fee. The platform and service fee is not part of the refund. Please allow a couple weeks for this to credit back to your bank. If you have changed credit cards but still have the same bank, the refund should still credit to the account. If you are worried please reach out to Run Signup Support to confirm details. *Athletes that have used their 2019 deferral to enter the 2020 event are allowed to roll the deferral to 2021. We cannot refund registrations from the 2019 events.
Q: I already deferred my 2019 registration to the 2020 Silver Rush Event. Do the current options apply to me? Can I choose any option listed?
- We understand the cancellation of the event is not your decision. You can defer your entry to the 2021 Silver Rush Event.
Q: Will you give coins/ slots into the 2020 Leadville Trail 100 MTB or RUN to athletes that were registered for the 2020 event?
- Hang on partner! Keep your eyes and hears on our social platforms. If we are able to, we will have information shortly!
Friday, July 10th
4pm-8pm Packet Pickup at the base of Dutch Henri Hill- US HWY 24 & McWethy Dr.
Saturday, July 11th
6am Silver Rush 50 Race Start
8:30am Silver Rush 15 Race Start
12pm Kid’s Duathlon Start
8pm Course Cutoff
Registration for the 2020 Silver Rush 50 Run will open at 10 AM on 1/20/20.
Silver Rush 50 Event Pricing:
Silver Rush Relay Pricing:
Silver Rush 15 Miler Pricing:
Silver Rush Duathlon Pricing:
*On-site registration will only be available if event is not sold out.
Military and student discounts are offered for our Leadville qualifier events. Please email a photo of your current card to firstname.lastname@example.org while specifying which event you are inquiring about.
The 50-mile out-and-back course takes racers through the historic mining district on the east side of Leadville. Primarily on dirt roads, first set by miners and their burros, it will begin at the Cloud City Ski Hut (located just below Colorado Mountain College on Hwy 24 on the South end of Leadville). None of the roads used will be closed to vehicle traffic, so please use caution. The route will take runners by and between many grand and historic gold and silver mines.
Silver Rush 50 Course Map
Silver Rush 50 course available for download.
There will be seven well-supplied aid stations along course.
- Black Cloud – Mile 7
- Printer Boy – Mile 14
- Rock Garden – Mile 18
- Stumptown – Mile 24.4
- Rock Garden – Mile 32
- Printer Boy – Mile 36
- Black Cloud – Mile 43
Aid stations will offer:
- GU Roctane, GU gels
- Assorted foods including bananas, figs, pretzels, chips, M&M’s, PB&Js, etc.
Drop bags, clear plastic only, will be taken to the Stumptown Aid Station (half way mark). Drop bags, clear plastic only, can be left at the base of Dutch Henri Hill (start/finish) at the designated area on Saturday morning by 5:30 a.m. Drop Bags must be a clear plastic bag in order to be accepted. Bags will be returned to the start/finish by 4:00 p.m. and must be claimed by 8:00 p.m. that Saturday evening.
Our 2020 Silver Rush 50 Run Athlete Guide is not yet finalized. Please check back for updates.
View the 2019 Athlete Guide for reference here.
The 2019 Silver Rush 50 Run will offer a relay option for runners. Two participants will tackle the 50 mile course through an exchange at the Stumptown Aid Station. Relay participants will be in charge of getting themselves to the Stumptown Aid Station for the exchange.
The 15.5 mile Run race on Saturday, July 11th at 8:30 a.m. This race will start and finish on the same course as the Silver Rush 50 Run, but will feature mostly single track for the 15.5-miles. This race provides an excellent entry option into ultra running and will, of course, be accompanied by the tremendous Leadville views along the way.
View event page here.
The Silver Rush 50 weekend will be adding a kid-friendly duathlon on Saturday, July 11th at 12 p.m. The duathlon will consist of a 2.5 mile bike, followed by a 2.5 mile run. The race will start and finish near the soccer field at Colorado Mountain College.
Each Leadville Qualifying Series race provides 25-100 qualifying slots to the Leadville Trail 100 Run presented by La Sportiva, based on the total number of registered racers at each qualifier event. Half of the qualifying spots will be allocated based on the top age-group performances and half will be drawn among riders who have finished the qualifier race within the allocated cut-off time.
Qualifying slots will be distributed at the Awards Ceremony. Qualifying slot winners MUST BE PRESENT, as the roll-down qualifiers rule will be in effect at each event. All qualifier slots will be awarded and redeemed on race day. You must pay your entry to the LT100 Run within the three days after the event. You will have the option to register for the current year or the following year’s LT100 Run and must decide when accepting your qualification slot. All entries into the LT100 Run are non-transferable.
Camping details for 2020 are being discussed and will be made public as we get closer to the race day. Please stay tuned for more information.
DIRECTIONS TO THE START / FINISH – DUTCH HENRI HILL
The Silver Rush 50 RUN course starts and finishes at the base of Dutch Henri Hill, located just below Colorado Mountain College on Highway 24 South.
From the intersection of Harrison and 6th (stop light in the middle of town):
- Go south for 1.2 miles on Harrison/Hwy 24
- Pass USFS building on right, CMC sign on left
- Arrive at start /finish
PARKING AT THE START / FINISH
Parking is located on the campus of Colorado Mountain College at 901 S US Hwy 24. Parking is NOT ALLOWED on either side of Highway 24 or Lake County 41. If you park along these roads, you will be ticketed and towed. There are parking attendants on staff for the Silver Rush 50 and there is no charge to park. Respect the volunteer parking staff and the abundant signage posted.
Additional parking is located just south of the Lake County High School football field. The Lake County High School and Middle School parking lots are up the hill. Please be courteous regarding private parking in the residential areas around Leadville.
To ensure the safety of Silver Rush racers, we allow crew and spectators to drive up to the Printer Boy & Stumptown Aid Stations.
Directions to Silver Rush Aid Stations
All directions start from the Start/Finish Line.
Printer Boy (39°13’37.74”N, 106°15’2.69”W)
- Take Hwy 24 north back toward Downtown Leadville.
- Pass the curve in the highway, right before hitting the historic Downtown district, make the first right hand turn onto Monroe Street.
- Head up to the top of the street and turn right onto Toledo which turns into County Road 2, otherwise known as California Gulch.
- Continue up California Gulch for 3.5 miles and you will see the aid station. BE CAUTIOUS as the California Gulch road does intersect with the race course approximately 2.5 miles from the Harrison Ave. turn off. RACERS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY!
Stumptown (39°15’8.93”N, 106°13’59.82”W)
- Take Hwy 24 north back toward Downtown Leadville.
- Turn right at 7th Street, one block past the stoplight.
- Head up 7th Street which will bring you up through the Mining District.
- Veer right off onto County Road 38, 2.7 miles from the Harrison Ave. turn off. This is a VERY rough, dusty road. Please drive with caution.
- No parking allowed at the aid station, plan to park and walk into this location. Ambulance access must be maintained at all times, please park responsibly.
SPECTATOR FOOD & BEVERAGE
Food will be available for purchase near the finish line. There are also numerous fantastic restaurants in and around Leadville offering everything from hearty home cooking to gourmet dining. Click here for more information on Dining in Leadville.
The gold pan age group awards are unique and very special. Finishers will receive a Leadville Silver Rush finishing medal and coffee tumbler.
Because of the duration of the event, awards will be handed out at the finish line once results are verified. Online award shipment will close on October 31st, 2020. If you would like your award after this date, please email Kelsey Conine (email@example.com) to have your award shipped to you.
*Please note that 2020 awards will not be shipped until the end of our race series season, September 2020.
Our races are Zero Waste events. Look for recycle and compost bins at every aid station and start/finish. Please discard any trash in an appropriate container. Intentional littering on the course will be grounds for disqualification. The course—on trails both public and private—travels past many historic sites and through areas of exceptional beauty. Help us keep them pristine.
We will be recycling all plastic, aluminum and cardboard during these races, and all our events. We’ll take care of this at the aid stations. At the start/finish, please ensure you place trash or recyclable materials in the appropriate containers, which will be well marked.
If you have registered for the 2020 race but are unable to participate, you may defer your registration to next year’s event for a fee. Please note that your deferral is only valid for the following year’s event while registration is open. It is no longer valid after an event closes or sells out.
How to defer: You can defer your registration via Manage Registration in Run Signup. The defer option can be found by logging on to Run SignUp, navigating to your Profile > Upcoming Events > Manage Registration > Defer Registration.
Deadline to defer for Silver Rush events: 7.5.20
- Silver Rush 50 Run: $50
- Silver Rush 50 MTB: $50
- Silver King and Silver Queen: $100
- Silver Rush 15.5 mile run: $30
- Silver Rush 15.5 mile mtb: $30
*No deferrals for Kids Duathlon
If you have any questions about the deferral process, please contact Athlete Services.
From the very beginning, volunteers have made the Silver Rush 50 Run possible. We truly appreciate all that our great volunteers do to make our races run smoothly and to make the racers’ experience unforgettable. If you are going to be in town for the Silver Rush 50 Run, we would love for you to join the family and pitch in. Thanks in advance for your help — we couldn’t do it without you!
Click the HERE to learn more!