SILVER RUSH 50 RUN
JULY 6, 2019
Take on 50 miles of extreme territory that starts at 10,200 feet and reaches 12,000 feet on four separate occasions at the Silver Rush 50 Run. It will leave your lungs burning, heart pounding and eyes completely amazed — while also preparing you for the pinnacle Leadville Trail 100 Run presented by La Sportiva.
2019 registration is now open!
New registration options include a relay, a 15-mile run race, and a kids duathlon.
Friday, July 5
• 4 p.m. – 8 p.m: Registration and packet pickup at LRS Headquarters, 316 Harrison Ave.
Saturday, July 6
• 5 a.m- 5:45 a.m: Registration and packet pickup at base of Dutch Henri Hill (start/finish area)
• 6 a.m: 50 mile race start at base of Dutch Henri Hill
• 7:30 a.m- 8:00 a.m: 15.5 Mile – Late packet pickup at base of Dutch Henri Hill (start/finish area)
• 8:30 a.m: 15.5 Mile run race start at base of Dutch Henri Hill – New to 2019!
• Noon: Kids Duathlon start near the Colorado Montain College Soccer Field – 2.5 mile course (bike 1 lap, run l lap) 5 miles total – New to 2019!
• 1:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Post race food and beer at the finish line.
Sunday, July 7
• Noon: New Silver Rush weekend festival including live music, a beer garden, food, and much more!
There is a 14-hour time limit to finish the race. Aid Station cut-offs will occur at:
• Stumptown, 1:30 p.m. (24.4 m)
• Rock Garden, 3:30 p.m. (31.3 m)
• Printer Boy inbound, 4:30 p.m. (35.3 m)
• Black Cloud inbound, 6:15 p.m. (42.1 m)
Each Leadville Qualifying Series race provides 25-100 qualifying slots to the Leadville Trail 100 Run presented by La Sportiva, based on the total number of registered racers at each qualifier event. Half of the qualifying spots will be allocated based on the top age-group performances and half will be drawn among riders who have finished the qualifier race within the allocated cut-off time.
Qualifying slots will be distributed at the Awards Ceremony. Qualifying slot winners MUST BE PRESENT, as the roll-down qualifiers rule will be in effect at each event. All qualifier slots will be awarded and redeemed on race day. You must pay your entry to the LT100 Run within the three days after the event. You will have the option to register for the current year or the following year’s LT100 Run and must decide when accepting your qualification slot. All entries into the LT100 Run are non-transferable.
Silver Rush 50 Run
Silver Rush 50 Run Relay
Silver Rush 15-Mile Run
Silver Rush Kids Duathlon
|18 and Over||$20|
The 2019 Silver Rush 50 Run will offer a relay option for runners. Two participants will tackle the 50 mile course through an exchange at the Stumptown Aid Station. Relay participants will be in charge of getting themselves to the Stumptown Aid Station for the exchange.
New to 2019, the Silver Rush 50 weekend will be adding a 15.5 mile Run race on Saturday, July 6th at 8:30 a.m. This race will start and finish on the same course as the Silver Rush 50 Run, but will feature mostly single track for the 15.5-miles. This race provides an excellent entry option into ultra running and will, of course, be accompanied by the tremendous Leadville views along the way.
View event page here.
New to 2019, the Silver Rush 50 weekend will be adding a kid-friendly duathlon on Saturday, July 6th at 12 p.m. The duathlon will consist of a 2.5 mile bike, followed by a 2.5 mile run. The race will start and finish near the soccer field at Colorado Mountain College.
Participants will partake in a fun, timed event on the Colorado Mountain College trial system and will receive a prize for their effort. Register here
2019 Athlete Guide Coming Soon!
Check out the 2018 Athlete Guide for important race information.
DIRECTIONS TO THE START / FINISH – DUTCH HENRI HILL
The Silver Rush 50 RUN course starts and finishes at the base of Dutch Henri Hill, located just below Colorado Mountain College on Highway 24 South.
From the intersection of Harrison and 6th (stop light in the middle of town):
- Go south for 1.2 miles on Harrison/Hwy 24
- Pass USFS building on right, CMC sign on left
- Arrive at start /finish
PARKING AT THE START / FINISH
Parking is located on the campus of Colorado Mountain College at 901 S US Hwy 24. Parking is NOT ALLOWED on either side of Highway 24 or Lake County 41. If you park along these roads, you will be ticketed and towed. There are parking attendants on staff for the Silver Rush 50 and there is no charge to park. Respect the volunteer parking staff and the abundant signage posted.
Additional parking is located just south of the Lake County High School football field. The Lake County High School and Middle School parking lots are up the hill. Please be courteous regarding private parking in the residential areas around Leadville.
To ensure the safety of Silver Rush racers, we allow crew and spectators to drive up to the Printer Boy & Stumptown Aid Stations.
Directions to Silver Rush Aid Stations
All directions start from the Start/Finish Line.
Printer Boy (39°13’37.74”N, 106°15’2.69”W)
- Take Hwy 24 north back toward Downtown Leadville.
- Pass the curve in the highway, right before hitting the historic Downtown district, make the first right hand turn onto Monroe Street.
- Head up to the top of the street and turn right onto Toledo which turns into County Road 2, otherwise known as California Gulch.
- Continue up California Gulch for 3.5 miles and you will see the aid station. BE CAUTIOUS as the California Gulch road does intersect with the race course approximately 2.5 miles from the Harrison Ave. turn off. RACERS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY!
Stumptown (39°15’8.93”N, 106°13’59.82”W)
- Take Hwy 24 north back toward Downtown Leadville.
- Turn right at 7th Street, one block past the stoplight.
- Head up 7th Street which will bring you up through the Mining District.
- Veer right off onto County Road 38, 2.7 miles from the Harrison Ave. turn off. This is a VERY rough, dusty road. Please drive with caution.
- No parking allowed at the aid station, plan to park and walk into this location. Ambulance access must be maintained at all times, please park responsibly.
SPECTATOR FOOD & BEVERAGE
Food will be available for purchase near the finish line. There are also numerous fantastic restaurants in and around Leadville offering everything from hearty home cooking to gourmet dining. Click here for more information on Dining in Leadville.
The 50-mile out-and-back course takes racers through the historic mining district on the east side of Leadville. Primarily on dirt roads, first set by miners and their burros, it will begin at the Cloud City Ski Hut (located just below Colorado Mountain College on Hwy 24 on the South end of Leadville). None of the roads used will be closed to vehicle traffic, so please use caution. The route will take runners by and between many grand and historic gold and silver mines.
Please note: Due to safety restrictions on the course wheelchair participation is not permitted.
There will be seven well-supplied aid stations along course. Please see the Athlete Guide for aid station locations.
Drop bags, clear plastic only, will be taken to the Stumptown Aid Station (half way mark). Drop bags, clear plastic only, can be left at the base of Dutch Henri Hill (start/finish) at the designated area on Saturday morning by 5:30 a.m. Drop Bags must be a clear plastic bag in order to be accepted. Bags will be returned to the start/finish by 4:00 p.m. and must be claimed by 8:00 p.m. that Saturday evening.
The gold pan age group awards are unique and very special. Finishers will receive a Leadville Silver Rush finishing medal and coffee tumbler.
Because of the duration of the event, awards will be handed out at the finish line once results are verified. Online award shipment will close on October 31st, 2019. If you would like your award after this date, please email Kelsey Conine (email@example.com) to have your award shipped to you.
*Please note that 2019 awards will not be shipped until the end of our race series season, September 2019.
Our races are Zero Waste events. Look for recycle and compost bins at every aid station and start/finish. Please discard any trash in an appropriate container. Intentional littering on the course will be grounds for disqualification. The course—on trails both public and private—travels past many historic sites and through areas of exceptional beauty. Help us keep them pristine.
We will be recycling all plastic, aluminum and cardboard during these races, and all our events. We’ll take care of this at the aid stations. At the start/finish, please ensure you place trash or recyclable materials in the appropriate containers, which will be well marked.
If you have registered for the 2019 race but are unable to participate, you may defer your registration to next year’s event for a fee. Please note that deferrals must be requested at least ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE EVENT. Your deferral code is only valid for the following year’s event while registration is open. It is no longer valid after an event closes or sells out.
To sign up for a deferral, log into your Chronotrack account and follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Once you are logged in, click on “Change Race” in the upper right corner.
- Step 2: Click on “Defer my registration for another event.”
- Step 3: Click “Continue”
- Step 4: You will see the fee to change – click on “Proceed to Checkout”
- Step 5: Enter in your payment information.
Note: If you deferred a 2019 registration, you will receive an email with your deferral code for the 2020 event. Please keep this in a safe place to register with when we open our 2020 event registration! Deferring from the 2019 race does not automatically register you for 2020’s race. You must re-register using the code sent from Athlete Services. If you have any questions about the deferral process, please contact Athlete Services.
Visit the link below to view results and photos from the Silver Rush 50 Run
From the very beginning, volunteers have made the Silver Rush 50 Run possible. We truly appreciate all that our great volunteers do to make our races run smoothly and to make the racers’ experience unforgettable. If you are going to be in town for the Silver Rush 50 Run, we would love for you to join the family and pitch in. Thanks in advance for your help — we couldn’t do it without you!
Click the HERE to learn more!