LEADVILLE TRAIL 100 RUN QUALIFICATION SYSTEM
Each Leadville Qualifying Series race provides 25 qualifying slots to the Leadville Trail 100 Run, based on the total number of registered runners at each qualifier event. Twenty of the qualifying spots will be allocated based on the top age-group performances, and five will be drawn among runners who have finished the qualifier race within the allocated cutoff time.
Qualifying races for the 2019 season include:
- Qualification events will be allocated 25 slots, based on the number of registered runners.
- 20 slots will be distributed based on performance in the qualifying event.
- Slots will be distributed to each gender and age group (20-29, 30-39, etc.) based on the percentage of total athletes in those age groups, with a minimum of one slot for every age group.
- The top athletes in each age group will receive the allocated slots.
- In the event a top athlete elects not to accept a slot, the slot will roll down to the next athlete in the results within the age group.
- In the event slots are not claimed after the roll down in each age group, those slots will be allocated to the Event Lottery, as described below.
- Five slots will be distributed through the Event Lottery.
- All finishers under the pre-determined maximum finish time who have indicated their desire to participate in the lottery will be entered in the lottery.
- Names will be drawn from the eligible lottery athletes and slots will be given out.
- In the event an athlete opts not to accept a slot, the slots will roll down to the next athlete that is drawn until ALL slots have been distributed.
- Qualification slots must be claimed in person immediately.
- Registration for the Leadville Trail 100 Run must be completed and paid for during the designated time offered.
- For the 2019 Qualifiers, runners may elect to race the Leadville Trail 100 Run for 2019 or defer until 2020. Registration will happen during the designated time for either year, and payment will be assessed for 2019 or 2020. Through the registration process, runners will be asked to select the year they prefer to race.
- Only solo runners competing the required distance under the allotted cutoff time will be considered as potential qualifiers.
- All registration fees for the LT100 Run are non-transferrable and non-refundable.