Each Leadville Qualifying Series race provides between 25-40 qualifying slots to the Leadville Trail 100 Run, based on the total number of registered runners at each qualifier event. Half of the qualifying spots will be allocated based on the top age-group performances, and half will be drawn in a coin lottery among runners who have finished the qualifier race within the allocated cutoff time.
Qualifying races for the 2023 season include:
Half of the slots will be distributed based on performance:
- Slots will be distributed to each gender and age group (20-29, 30-39, etc.) based on the percentage of total athletes in those age groups, with a minimum of one slot for every age group.
- The top athletes in each age group will receive the allocated slots.
- In the event a top athlete elects not to accept a slot, the slot will roll down to the next athlete in the results within the age group.
- In the event slots are not claimed after the roll down in each age group, those slots will be allocated to the Event Lottery, as described below.
Half of the slots will be distributed through the Event Lottery:
- Finishers of the qualifier distance will be eligible to win an LT100 RUN coin in the Event Lottery.
- All finishers under the predetermined maximum finish time who have indicated their desire to participate in the lottery will be entered in the lottery.
- Names will be drawn from the eligible lottery athletes and slots will be given out.
- In the event an athlete opts not to accept a slot, the slots will roll down to the next athlete that is drawn until ALL slots have been distributed.
- Qualification slots must be claimed in person immediately.
- Registration for the Leadville Trail 100 Run must be completed and paid for during the designated time offered.
- Only solo runners who have completed the required distance under the allotted cutoff time will be considered as potential qualifiers.
- All registration fees for the LT100 Run are non-transferable and non-refundable