LEADVILLE TRAIL 100 RUN PRESENTED BY LA SPORTIVA LOTTERY
Entrance into the 2019 Leadville Trail 100 Run presented by La Sportiva Lottery is now closed (as of Monday, December 31st, 2018 at 11:59 P.M. MT). Winners will be notified on Sunday, January 13th and automatically charged the $335 registration fee. Withdrawing from the lottery is no longer accepted.
You may register for the LT100 Run lottery as an individual or a group. A maximum of four family members, friends or teammates can click the group registration option. Group members will register individually, but be sure to use the exact same group name to signify being part of a group. This will mean that either your entire group will be successful in the lottery, or not, assuring that no one will be left out! Please note that if a member of your group has completed the LT100 Run under the designated sub-30 hour cut-off time ten or more times, they will be forfeiting their preference in the lottery.
> View the official lottery selection rules
If you are unsuccessful in the lottery process and still wish to participate in the LT100 Run, you have the option to race one of our qualifier events to earn your spot in. Each Leadville Qualifying Series race provides 25 qualifying slots to the Leadville Trail 100 Run, based on the total number of registered runners at each qualifier event. Twenty of the qualifying spots will be allocated based on the top age-group performances, and five will be drawn among runners who have finished the qualifier race within the allocated cutoff time.
We will announce the results of the Lottery and open registration for the Qualifier Events in Mid-January.
Qualifying races for the 2018 season include:
- Qualification events will be allocated 25 slots, based on the number of registered runners.
- 20 slots will be distributed based on performance in the qualifying event.
- Slots will be distributed to each gender and age group (20-29, 30-39, etc.) based on the percentage of total athletes in those age groups, with a minimum of one slot for every age group.
- The top athletes in each age group will receive the allocated slots.
- In the event a top athlete elects not to accept a slot, the slot will roll down to the next athlete in the results within the age group.
- In the event slots are not claimed after the roll down in each age group, those slots will be allocated to the Event Lottery, as described below.
- Five slots will be distributed through the Event Lottery.
- All finishers under the pre-determined maximum finish time who have indicated their desire to participate in the lottery will be entered in the lottery.
- Names will be drawn from the eligible lottery athletes and slots will be given out.
- In the event an athlete opts not to accept a slot, the slots will roll down to the next athlete that is drawn until ALL slots have been distributed.
- Qualification slots must be claimed in person immediately.
- Registration for the Leadville Trail 100 Run must be completed and paid for during the designated time offered.
- For the 2019 Qualifiers, runners may elect to race the Leadville Trail 100 Run for 2019 or defer until 2020. Registration will happen during the designated time for either year, and payment will be assessed for 2019 or 2020. Through the registration process, runners will be asked to select the year they prefer to race.
- Only solo runners competing the required distance under the allotted cutoff time will be considered as potential qualifiers.
- All registration fees for the LT100 Run are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
Skip the lottery and guarantee your entry by registering with a charity. Running on behalf of one of our official charity partners not only guarantees you a spot in the 2019 race, but also provides you the opportunity to make an impact in the community.
Learn more info about our Leadville Race Series Charity Partner Program.
Obtain an entry into the LT100 Run and train for the 100-mile race at the same time with the Leadville Coaching Package. In this program, you’ll receive four months of 1:1 run coaching with our Leadville Run Coach, Ryan Krol, plus a guaranteed 2018 LT100 Run entry.
- Coaching package with bi-weekly calls for program review, course-specific education and motivation
- Detailed program design in 14-day increments
- Training Peaks Premium Account
- Unlimited email communication with your coach
- Standard and premium options available (includes training + race entry)
- Registration is limited to 10 entries and is processed on LifeTimeRun.com
Click here to learn more.
Don’t wait around to see if you have luck in the lottery – secure yourself a guaranteed spot in the LT100 Run today by registering for one of the 50 LT100 Run Training Camp spots which include a LT100 entry. Open to all runners, this camp offers an introduction to the LT100 Run and is the perfect training tool for this year’s race. Seasoned veterans provide a great education as you cover the LT100 Run course over a three-day period.Only 50 LT100 Run entries are available on a first-come-first-served basis as a package deal with the Leadville Trail 100 Run Camp registration for $1000. Another 50 camp-only spots are available at $500 for those not needing a LT100 spot.