LEADVILLE TRAIL 100 RUN CAMP
JUNE 19-22, 2020
2020 LT100 Run Camp + Entry registration is now open and available first-come, first-serve.
2020 Camp Only will open on January 20, 2020.
Open to all runners, this camp offers an introduction to the Leadville Trail 100 Run presented by La Sportiva and is the perfect training tool for this year’s race. Seasoned veterans provide a great education as you cover the LT100 Run course over a three-day period June 19 – June 22nd, 2020.
Whether you’re a “Race Across the Sky” first-timer or an old hand, we encourage you to join us in Leadville for an informative look at the country’s most scenic and challenging ultra-run course. Group training runs — both day and night — will familiarize you with key sections of the course, and discussion sessions with race veterans will help you get the most out of your race experience. Come spend some quality time with us and get to know your fellow racers. Our training camp is an experience you will carry with you forever. We like to think of it as a long weekend of good food, good running and good friends. Please note that the schedule may have to be adjusted due to the snowpack, but we’ll try to keep you informed as the run date approaches.
All or part of this operation is conducted on Public Lands under special permit from the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.
This event is held on the San Isabel National Forest under a special use permit.
Our 2020 Run Camp schedule is not yet finalized. Please check back for updates.
*NEW – Interactive Pace Chart for your LT100 Run goal time can be found HERE!
Camp + Entry: $1200
Camp Only: $600
Each day make sure you have:
- Running shoes of preference
- Multiple pairs of socks
- Multiple pairs of shoes
- Running shorts
- Short sleeve shirt
- Long sleeve shirt
- Fleece mid-layer
- Rain shell
- Hat for the sun
- Trekking poles
- Water bottles or running pack of your preference
- Yoga mat (optional for Monday) Aerial or Mat yoga sessions
- Your planned nutrition so you can test it (you can also use our nutrition)
- And of course, anything else you think you will need!
Leadville is located approximately 100 mountainous miles west of Denver. Plan to arrive early to account for the two-hour travel time from Denver International Airport. For your return flight, keep in mind that Sunday afternoons traveling back to Denver are often characterized by heavy traffic and can take significantly longer than two hours.
You are responsible for your transportation to, from and in Leadville. We suggest the following options:
• Rental car (depending on bike transport, opt for a two- to four- passenger vehicle)
• Colorado Mountain Express charter service. CME charters vans and will take a group all the way to Leadville. They can accommodate 10 people per van without bikes, or five to seven with bikes for a charter price of $390/van (each way). They can arrange different pick-up times with enough advance notice.
If you have registered for the 2019 camp but are unable to participate, you may defer your registration to next year’s event for a fee. Please note that deferrals must be requested at least ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF CAMP.
To sign up for a deferral, log into your Chronotrack account and follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Once you are logged in, click on “Change Race” in the upper right corner.
- Step 2: Click on “Defer my registration for another event.”
- Step 3: Click “Continue”
- Step 4: You will see the fee to change – click on “Proceed to Checkout”
- Step 5: Enter in your payment information.
Please note: You will receive an email with your deferral code for the 2020 event. Please keep this in a safe place to register with when we open our 2020 event registration! If you have any questions about the deferral process, please contact Athlete Services.