Start List* for the 2017 Blueprint for Athletes Leadville Trail 100 MTB. *As of August…
Back in 2004, Ken Chlouber had a plan to expand the Leadville Race Series from its then three events, the Leadville Trail 100 MTB and Run, and the Leadville Trail Marathon. He came up with 50-Mile MTB and Run races known as the Silver Rush 50 MTB and Run. Why Silver Rush you ask? He envisioned this race as a precursor to an even harder race that was planned on being called Gold Rush. After athletes took on the Silver Rush 50 in 2004, it became clear that creating a harder course was not likely.
The Silver Rush Weekend is unique in that there are both mountain bikers and endurance runners taking on the same course in the same weekend. This multi-sport endurance weekend has stood the test of time, and is only getting better from here. In 2019 we will be enhancing the experience of our event attendees, as well as providing new race opportunities for runners and riders in an effort to encourage entry into mountain biking and ultra running. This culminates in a fun, inclusive race weekend designed to celebrate endurance sport in Leadville.
New to 2019 Silver Rush Weekend will be:
- 15-mile Run and MTB races
- Participants will start and finish on the same course as the 50-miler. The course will consist mostly of single track and provides a great introduction to the Leadville Race Series.
- 50-mile relay options
- Ride or run the full 50 mile course with a partner, exchanging at the 25 mile mark (Stumptown Aid Station).
- The Silver Rush Kids Duathlon
- Held on Saturday, kids will get the opportunity to join in on the fun with a 2.5-mile bike, followed by a 2.5 mile run. Cheer your kids on as they partake in this fun, timed event on the Colorado Mountain College Trail System.
- Run Saturday, MTB Sunday
- This year, we will be having our running races on Saturday and the MTB races on Sunday. The idea behind the change in days is to emphasize our new finish festival and allow all of our participants join in on the fun.
- Upgraded Finisher Festival
- Held Sunday starting at noon, our finish festival will include live music, a beer garden, food, and much more.
The Silver Rush Weekend is designed to celebrate our amazing athletes and we feel these changes will enhance the athlete experience. Racing in Leadville is hard, period. We want to praise those who take the challenge, dig deep, and conquer the Silver Rush Weekend.