STAGES CYCLING SILVER RUSH 15-MILE MTB
July 12, 2020
Registration will open mid-January of 2020. Be sure to mark your calendars!
Returning in 2020, the Silver Rush weekend will be including a 15.5-mile MTB race on Sunday, July 12th at 8:30 a.m. This race will start and finish on the same course as the Stages Cycling Silver Rush 50 MTB, but will feature mostly single track for the 15.5 miles. This race provides an excellent entry option into mountain bike racing and will, of course, be accompanied by the tremendous Leadville views along the way.
Option 1: Donate your entry fee to your choice of the Life Time Foundation, Leadville Trail 100 Legacy Foundation or NICA (national or state league of your choice). We will be in touch to get your selection.
Option 2: Defer into 2021 Event
Option 3: Full refund on entry fee (excluding the service fees)
Deadline: July 8th, 2020
Q: I have chosen to defer my registration to the 2021 Silver Rush Event (July 10th & 11th , 2021). What do I need to do now?
- ACTION REQUIRED: You will receive an email from us with instructions and your complementary deferral link in November 2020. You will have a window opportunity to register with the deferral.
Q: I can’t or do not want to attend the 2021 Silver Rush event. What are my options?
- You can choose to receive a refund of your registration fee. OR choose to donate your entry fee to one of the foundations. *Athletes that have used their 2019 deferral to enter the 2020 event are allowed to roll the deferral to 2021. We cannot refund registrations from the 2019 events.
Q: I already chose to defer prior to the cancellation announcement. What does this mean for me?
- We will work to refund the fee that you have paid to defer. Please send us an email, email@example.com. There may be a bit of delay in response. Thank you for your patience!
Q: Can I get a refund?
- You can choose the refund option, Option 2. You will be refunded the registration fee. The platform and service fee is not part of the refund. Please allow a couple weeks for this to credit back to your bank. If you have changed credit cards but still have the same bank, the refund should still credit to the account. If you are worried please reach out to Run Signup Support to confirm details. *Athletes that have used their 2019 deferral to enter the 2020 event are allowed to roll the deferral to 2021. We cannot refund registrations from the 2019 events.
Q: I already deferred my 2019 registration to the 2020 Silver Rush Event. Do the current options apply to me? Can I choose any option listed?
- We understand the cancellation of the event is not your decision. You can defer your entry to the 2021 Silver Rush Event.
Q: Will you give coins/ slots into the 2020 Leadville Trail 100 MTB or RUN to athletes that were registered for the 2020 event?
- Hang on partner! Keep your eyes and hears on our social platforms. If we are able to, we will have information shortly!
Saturday, July 11th
9am-11am Packet Pickup at the base of Dutch Henri Hill- US HWY 24 & McWethy Dr.
Sunday, July 12th
6am-7:30am Packet Pickup
8:30am Silver Rush 15 Race Start
12pm-8pm Finisher Fest
Silver Rush 15 Mile MTB Pricing
The Silver Rush 15.5-Mile Run will start and finish at the base of Dutch Henri Hill (US Highway 24 and, McWethy Dr.)
Camping details for 2020 are being discussed and will be made public as we get closer to the race day. Please stay tuned for more information.
DIRECTIONS TO THE START / FINISH – DUTCH HENRI HILL
The Silver Rush 15-Mile MTB course starts and finishes at the base of Dutch Henri Hill, located just below Colorado Mountain College on Highway 24 South.
From the intersection of Harrison and 6th (stop light in the middle of town):
- Go south for 1.2 miles on Harrison/Hwy 24
- Pass USFS building on right, CMC sign on left
- Arrive at start /finish
PARKING AT THE START / FINISH
Parking is located at the Colorado Mountain College. NO Parking is allowed on either side of Highway 24 or Lake County 41. If you park along these roads, you will be ticketed and towed. There are parking attendants on staff for the Silver Rush 50 and there is no charge to park. Overflow parking is located at the Community Park/Rodeo Grounds parking areas located just west of the Intersection of McWethy and West 6th Street. Please use the crossing located on the Mineral Belt Trail to cross Highway 24. Colorado State Patrol will be monitoring pedestrian travel for safety.
Click here for more information.
Cycles of Life is a full service bike shop right in the town of Leadville, providing shipping services, all types of minor and major repair, tune-ups, custom wheel building, suspension and fork overhauls, bike fitting and more. To make things easy for you, have your bike shipped directly to the shop where Cycles of Life will unpack, assemble, inspect, fully tune and prepare your bike for race day. Post-race, simply drop off your ride and Cycles of Life will repack and ship to your destination.
Click here for Cycles of Life shipping package options and details.
If you have registered for the 2020 race but are unable to participate, you may defer your registration to next year’s event for a fee. Please note that your deferral is only valid for the following year’s event while registration is open. It is no longer valid after an event closes or sells out.
How to defer: You can defer your registration via Manage Registration in Run Signup. The defer option can be found by logging on to Run SignUp, navigating to your Profile > Upcoming Events > Manage Registration > Defer Registration.
Deadline to defer for Silver Rush events: 7.5.20
- Silver Rush 50 Run: $50
- Silver Rush 50 MTB: $50
- Silver King and Silver Queen: $100
- Silver Rush 15.5 mile run: $30
- Silver Rush 15.5 mile mtb: $30
*No deferrals for Kids Duathlon
If you have any questions about the deferral process, please contact Athlete Services.
Our races are Zero Waste events. Look for recycle and compost bins at every aid station and start/finish. Please discard any trash in an appropriate container. Intentional littering on the course will be grounds for disqualification. The course—on trails both public and private—travels past many historic sites and through areas of exceptional beauty. Help us keep them pristine.
We will be recycling all plastic, aluminum and cardboard during these races, and all our events. We’ll take care of this at the aid stations. At the start/finish, please ensure you place trash or recyclable materials in the appropriate containers, which will be well marked.