Legacy Foundation MTB Trail 100 and MTB Camp Registration Spots Available
BLUEPRINT FOR ATHLETES LEADVILLE TRAIL 100 MTB LOTTERY
Entrance into the 2017 Leadville Trail 100 MTB will be open December 1-31, 2016. Winners will be notified in mid-January and automatically charged the $425 registration fee.
You may register for the LT100 MTB Lottery as an individual or a group. A maximum of eight family members, friends or teammates can click the group registration option. Group members will register individually, however use the exact group name to signify being part of a group. This will mean that either your entire group will be successful in the lottery or not – assuring no one will be left out! Please note that if a member of your group has completed the LT100 MTB under the designated sub-12 hour cut-off seven or more times or they have volunteered 10+ hours in the 2016 season they will be forfeiting their guaranteed entry.
> View the lottery selection rules
If you are unsuccessful in the lottery process and still wish to participate in the LT100 MTB, you have the option to race one of our qualifier events to earn your spot in. Each Leadville Qualifying Series race provides 25-100 qualifying slots to the Leadville Trail 100 MTB, based on the total number of registered riders at each qualifier event. Half of the qualifying spots will be allocated based on the top age-group performances and half will be drawn among riders who have finished the qualifier race within the allocated cutoff time.
We will announce the results of the Lottery and open registration for the Qualifier Events in Mid-January.
Qualifier events include:
- Blueprint for Athletes Austin Rattler MTB
- Blueprint for Athletes Wilmington Whiteface MTB
- Lutsen 99er presented by Blueprint for Athletes
- Blueprint for Athletes Silver Rush 50 MTB
- Blueprint for Athletes Tahoe Trail
- Blueprint for Athletes Leadville Stage Race
- Blueprint for Athletes Barn Burner
- Qualification events will be allocated 25-100 slots, based on the number of registered riders.
- 50% of slots will be distributed based on performance in the qualifying event.
- Slots will be distributed to each gender and age group (20-29, 30-39, etc.) based on the percentage of total athletes in those age groups, with a minimum of 1 slot for every age group.
- The top athletes in each age group will receive the allocated slots.
- In the event a top athlete elects not to accept a slot, the slot will roll down to the next athlete in the results, within the age group.
- In the event slots are not claimed after the roll down in each age group, those slots will be allocated to the Event Lottery, as described below.
- One slot will be allocated for the top single speed rider.
- Slots will be allocated to the top tandem team.
- 50% of slots will be distributed through the Event Lottery.
- All finishers under the pre-determined maximum finish time, who have indicated their desire to participate in the lottery, will be entered in the lottery.
- Names will be drawn from the eligible lottery athletes and slots will be given out.
- In the event an athlete opts not to accept a slot, the slots will roll down to the next athlete that is drawn, until ALL slots have been distributed.
- Qualification slots must be claimed in person immediately.
- Registration for the Leadville Trail 100 must be completed and paid for immediately.
- For the 2017 Qualifiers, riders may elect to race in the Leadville Trail 100 for 2017 or defer until 2018. Registration will happen onsite for either year and payment will be assessed for 2017 or 2018. Through the registration process, riders will be asked to select the year they prefer to race.
- Only solo riders will be considered as potential qualifiers. Relays are welcome to race qualifier events where available but will not be considered as a potential qualifier.
- All registration fees for the LT100 are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
Another option to race in the Leadville Trail 100 MTB is through our Charity Program. The Leadville Race Series Charity Slot Program provides guaranteed entry into the LT100 MTB, plus raises money for the The Leadville Legacy Foundation! Please understand slots are limited and will be designated by a first come, first serve basis.
In order to participate, you will need to register online to secure your entry. You must pay the $425 race registration fee plus an initial $1,000 (total $1,425 +processing fee) to the Leadville Race Series. You are also committing to raising an additional $1000 for The Leadville Legacy Foundation by June 30, 2017. Any remaining balance will be charged to your credit card on July 1, 2017.
You are welcome to raise more money for The Leadville Legacy Foundation or for a charity of your choice. You must provide LRS with the charity contact and tax ID information in order to be eligible.
For further information on The Leadville Legacy Foundation please visit www.leadvilleraceseries.com/visitleadville/legacyfoundation
You will need to send a check for the additional $1,000 raised for The Leadville Legacy Foundation and any additional money raised prior to July 1, 2017 to:
Leadville Legacy Foundation
PO Box 1
Leadville, CO 80461
Please contact us if you need any further information or have questions regarding our Charity Slot Program.
Led by the best of the best, the Blueprint for Athletes Leadville Trail 100 MTB Camp could be your entry into the LT100 MTB. Don’t wait around to see if you have luck in the lottery – secure yourself a guaranteed spot in the LT100 MTB today by registering for one of the 50 LT100 MTB Training Camp spots with entry. Only 50 LT100 MTB entries are available on a first-come-first-served basis as a package deal with the Leadville Trail 100 MTB Camp registration for $2500. Another 50 camp-only spots are available at $1000 for those not needing a LT100 spot. As a camp participant, you will ride every mile of the LT100 course while paying special attention to the most grueling sections to help get you ready for the August race or just to experience the challenging LT100 MTB course spread over three days.
Still looking for a coveted LT100 MTB spot? Race our new Leadville Stage Race and ride the same course spread throughout three exciting days for your shot at an entry. Any rider who beats Alban Lakata’s course record (6 hours, 4 minutes) time splits on any of the three stages and will automatically earn a spot in the LT100 MTB! Riding with a team? The fastest team effort is also given a LT100 entry. As with our other qualifiers, we have spots waiting for the best age group results and a random lottery drawing spot as well.