Back in 2004, Ken Chlouber had a plan to expand the Leadville Race Series from…
When in Leadville
Looking forward to your visit? We are, too! Make the most of it with these recommendations.
Where to Stay
Leadville offers multiple lodging options for racers, or soak in the mountain air in nearby Copper or Frisco. These properties offer special deals for our athletes – simply call and ask.
Where to Eat
- City on a Hill Coffee & Espresso – There will be lines out the door, but the breakfast burritos and expertly drawn espresso is worth the wait.
- Tennessee Pass Cookhouse – Not just a meal. This reservation-only restaurant combines an elegant dinner with a backcountry excursion.
- High Mountain Pies –This local fave garners rave reviews for its pizza, which, they claim will “make you powerful.” That might be just what you need for a successful race.
Where to Scope Out Leadville History
- Tabor Opera House – You’ll step back in time at this three-story space that showcases the grandeur of Leadville’s glory days.
- Historic Walking Tour – The entire town of Leadville is a National Historic Landmark District, encompassing 70 blocks of Victorian architecture.
- Healy House Museum and Dexter Cabin – Leadville’s oldest museum, with formal gardens and lavish furnishings.