If you are unsuccessful in the lottery process and still wish to participate in the Stages Cycling Leadville Trail 100 MTB, you have the option to race one of our qualifier events to earn a spot in the race. Each Leadville Race Series qualifier provides slots to the LT100 MTB, based on the total number of registered riders at each qualifier event. Half of the qualifying spots will be allocated based on the top age-group performances and half will be drawn in a lottery among riders who have finished the qualifier race within the allocated cutoff time. The number of slots is up to the discretion of the Leadville Race Series Team.
Qualifier events include:
- Qualification events will be allocated 25-100 slots, based on the number of registered riders.
- 50% of slots will be distributed based on performance in the qualifying event.
a. Slots will be distributed to each gender and age group (20-29, 30-39, etc.) based on the percentage of total athletes in those age groups, with a minimum of 1 slot for every age group.
b. The top athletes in each age group will receive the allocated slots.
c. In the event a top athlete elects not to accept a slot, the slot will roll down to the next athlete in the results, within the age group.
d. In the event slots are not claimed after the roll down in each age group, those slots will be allocated to the Event Lottery, as described below.
e. One slot will be allocated for the top single speed rider.
f. Slots will be allocated to the top tandem team.
- 50% of slots will be distributed through the Event Lottery.
a. All finishers under the pre-determined maximum finish time, who have indicated their desire to participate in the lottery, will be entered in the lottery.
b. Names will be drawn from the eligible lottery athletes and slots will be given out.
c. In the event an athlete opts not to accept a slot, the slots will roll down to the next athlete that is drawn, until ALL slots have been distributed.
4. Qualification slots must be claimed in person immediately.
5. Registration for the Leadville Trail 100 must be completed and paid for immediately.
6. For the 2022 Qualifiers, riders may elect to race in the Leadville Trail 100 for 2022 or defer until 2023. Registration will happen onsite for either year and payment will be assessed for 2022 or 2023. Through the registration process, riders will be asked to select the year they prefer to race.
7. Only solo riders will be eligible for the LT100 MTB drawing. Relay participants and tandem riders are excluded.
8. All registration fees for the LT100 MTB are non-transferrable and non-refundable.