LEADVILLE TRAIL 100 RUN LOTTERY
Entrance into the 2018 Lottery for the Leadville Trail 100 Run presented by New Balance will be open December 1-31, 2017. Winners will be notified in mid-January and automatically charged the $315 registration fee.
You may register for the LT100 Run lottery as an individual or a group. A maximum of eight family members, friends or teammates can click the group registration option. Group members will register individually, but be sure to use the exact same group name to signify being part of a group. This will mean that either your entire group will be successful in the lottery, or not, assuring that no one will be left out! Please note that if a member of your group has completed the LT100 Run under the designated sub-30 hour cut-off time nine or more times, they will be forfeiting their preference in the lottery.
> View the official lottery selection rules
If you are unsuccessful in the lottery process and still wish to participate in the LT100 Run, you have the option to race one of our qualifier events to earn your spot in. Each Leadville Qualifying Series race provides 25 qualifying slots to the Leadville Trail 100 Run, based on the total number of registered runners at each qualifier event. Twenty of the qualifying spots will be allocated based on the top age-group performances, and five will be drawn among runners who have finished the qualifier race within the allocated cutoff time.
We will announce the results of the Lottery and open registration for the Qualifier Events in Mid-January.
Qualifying races for the 2018 season include:
- Qualification events will be allocated 25 slots, based on the number of registered runners.
- 20 slots will be distributed based on performance in the qualifying event.
- Slots will be distributed to each gender and age group (20-29, 30-39, etc.) based on the percentage of total athletes in those age groups, with a minimum of one slot for every age group.
- The top athletes in each age group will receive the allocated slots.
- In the event a top athlete elects not to accept a slot, the slot will roll down to the next athlete in the results within the age group.
- In the event slots are not claimed after the roll down in each age group, those slots will be allocated to the Event Lottery, as described below.
- Five slots will be distributed through the Event Lottery.
- All finishers under the pre-determined maximum finish time who have indicated their desire to participate in the lottery will be entered in the lottery.
- Names will be drawn from the eligible lottery athletes and slots will be given out.
- In the event an athlete opts not to accept a slot, the slots will roll down to the next athlete that is drawn until ALL slots have been distributed.
- Qualification slots must be claimed in person immediately.
- Registration for the Leadville Trail 100 Run must be completed and paid for during the designated time offered.
- For the 2018 Qualifiers, runners may elect to race the Leadville Trail 100 Run for 2018 or defer until 2019. Registration will happen during the designated time for either year, and payment will be assessed for 2018 or 2019. Through the registration process, runners will be asked to select the year they prefer to race.
- Only solo runners competing the required distance under the allotted cutoff time will be considered as potential qualifiers.
- All registration fees for the LT100 Run are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
The Leadville Race Series Charity Slot Program provides guaranteed entry into the LT100 Run, plus raises money for the The Leadville Trail 100 Legacy Foundation! Please understand slots are limited and will be designated by a first come, first serve basis.
In order to participate, you will need to register online to secure your entry. To guarantee your entry you must pay the $1315 race registration fee (+processing) to the Leadville Race Series AND commit to raising an additional $1000 for The Leadville Trail 100 Legacy Foundation by June 30, 2018. Any remaining balance will be charged to your credit card on July 1, 2018.
You are welcome to raise more money for The Leadville Trail 100 Legacy Foundation or for a charity of your choice. You must provide LRS with the charity contact and tax ID information in order to be eligible.
For further information on The Leadville Trail 100 Legacy Foundation please visit www.leadvilleraceseries.com/visitleadville/legacyfoundation
You will need to send a check for the additional $1,000 raised for The Leadville Trail 100 Legacy Foundation and any additional money raised prior to July 1, 2018 to:
Leadville Legacy Foundation
PO Box 1
Leadville, CO 80461
Please contact us if you need any further information or have questions regarding our Charity Slot Program.
Obtain an entry into the LT100 Run and train for the 100-mile race at the same time with the Leadville Coaching Package. In this program, you’ll receive four months of 1:1 run coaching with our Leadville Run Coach, Ryan Krol, plus a guaranteed 2018 LT100 Run entry.
- Coaching package with bi-weekly calls for program review, course-specific education and motivation
- Detailed program design in 14-day increments
- Training Peaks Premium Account
- Unlimited email communication with your coach
- Standard and premium options available (includes training + race entry)
- Registration is limited to 10 entries and is processed on LifeTimeRun.com
Click here to learn more.
Don’t wait around to see if you have luck in the lottery – secure yourself a guaranteed spot in the LT100 Run today by registering for one of the 50 LT100 Run Training Camp spots which include a LT100 entry. Open to all runners, this camp offers an introduction to the LT100 Run and is the perfect training tool for this year’s race. Seasoned veterans provide a great education as you cover the LT100 Run course over a three-day period.Only 50 LT100 Run entries are available on a first-come-first-served basis as a package deal with the Leadville Trail 100 Run Camp registration for $1000. Another 50 camp-only spots are available at $495 for those not needing a LT100 spot.