Leadville Trail 100 MTB Camp Registration Is OPEN!
BLUEPRINT FOR ATHLETES LEADVILLE TRAIL 100 MTB CAMP
JUNE 29 – JULY 1, 2017
Dramatically increase your chances of capturing that coveted LT100 MTB belt buckle by attending the 2017 Leadville Trail 100 MTB Training Camp. Camp participants will ride, dine and socialize with a host of experienced buckle-sporting guides, including six-time LT100 MTB champion Dave Wiens, 23-time finisher Todd Murray and 14-time finisher Roxanne Hall.
Over the course of 3 days, you’ll ride every mile of the legendary course with special attention to the most grueling sections: Powerline, St. Kevins and the incredible Columbine climb. In the evening, join your camp guides for Q&A sessions on proper training, diet, bike setup and crewing logistics.
Due to permitting, camp participation is limited to 120 athletes. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to ride with Leadville legends!
- Daily training sessions led by former Leadville Trail 100 MTB Champions
- LT100 Camp Cycling Kit ($200 value)
- Exclusive package of cycling products designed to ensure your race day success
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner for two (2) days
- Intimate Q&A sessions with LT100 MTB Champions
- Specialized Body Geometry bike fit session
- Mechanic/gear seminar
DAY 1 – CHECK-IN
Check-in between 12 pm – 6:30 pm at the Leadville Race Series headquarters (316 Harrison Ave.) in the afternoon and then join us in the evening to meet the camp guides.
DAY 2 – RIDE DAY
On the first day of riding, we’ll ride the first and last ~30 miles of the LT100MTB course, paying special attention to St. Kevins and Powerline. Later in the day, meet up for optional descending practice and then head to dinner at the Tennessee Pass Cookhouse to enjoy breathtaking views of the Continental Divide. Guides will be on-hand at dinner to answer questions and offer training advice.
DAY 3 – RIDE DAY
The second day of riding will focus on the middle ~40 miles of the LT100 MTB course, starting at the Pipeline Aid Station and continuing to the top of Columbine. Riders can return the same way or grab a ride back into town. In the afternoon, get a personalized bike fit by Specialized and then join local bike shop, Cycles of Life for a mechanical/gear session tailored to the LT100MTB course. The day concludes with a group dinner and more expert advice from our Champion guides.
The Leadville Race Series is proud to offer all athletes attending our Leadville Trail 100 MTB Camp an incredible list of products when they arrive in Leadville. Every camper will be greeted with a pile of cycling gear to help them fulfill their goal of completing the Leadville Trail 100 MTB in August. Campers will even receive a Leadville Trail 100 MTB Camp bike kit! Please know all registrations after April 18 will not be guaranteed first choice sizing. 2017 swag will be posted when available.
|Camp spot with LT100 MTB entry||$2,500|
|Camp spot only||$1,000|
- Cycling glasses
- Cycling shoes
- Shoe covers
- Cycling rain jacket
- Wind vest
- Arm warmers
- Knee and/or leg warmers
- Base layer for each day of riding
- Jersey for each day of riding
- Long sleeve warmer jersey for potential colder riding
- Shorts for each day of riding
- Socks for each day of riding
- Gloves, we suggest long finger (mid weight and light weight gloves)
- Chamois cream
- Your planned nutrition (optional)
- HR monitor/power device/GPS (optional)
All or part of this operation is conducted on Public Lands under special permit from the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.
Leadville is located approximately 100 mountainous miles west of Denver. Plan to arrive early to account for the two-hour travel time from Denver International Airport. For your return flight, keep in mind that Sunday afternoons traveling back to Denver are often characterized by heavy traffic and can take significantly longer than two hours.
You are responsible for your transportation to, from and in Leadville. We suggest the following options and will do our best to provide guidance in pairing you with other campers wishing to share transportation costs:
• Rental car (depending on bike transport, opt for a two- to four- passenger vehicle)
• Colorado Mountain Express charter service. CME charters vans and will take a group all the way to Leadville. They can accommodate 10 people per van without bikes, or five to seven with bikes for a charter price of $390/van (each way). They can arrange different pick-up times with enough advance notice.
Cycles of Life is a full service bike shop right in the town of Leadville, providing shipping services, all types of minor and major repair, tune-ups, custom wheel building, suspension and fork overhauls, bike fitting and more. To make things easy for you, have your bike shipped directly to the shop where Cycles of Life will unpack, assemble, inspect, fully tune and prepare your bike for race day. Post-race, simply drop off your ride and Cycles of Life will repack and ship to your destination.
Click here for Cycles of Life shipping package options and details.
If you have registered for the 2017 race but are unable to participate, you may defer your registration to next year’s event for a fee.
To sign up for a deferral, log into your Chronotrack account and follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Once you are logged in, click on “Change Race” in the upper right corner.
- Step 2: Click on “Defer my registration for another event.”
- Step 3: Click “Continue”
- Step 4: You will see the fee to change – click on “Proceed to Checkout”
- Step 5: Enter in your payment information.
Please note: You will receive an email with your deferral code for the 2018 event. Please keep this in a safe place to register with when we open our 2018 event registration! If you have any questions about the deferral process, please contact Athlete Services.