By Trish Coffman
Fruit is a fabulous way to stay hydrated during the summer, and there’s arguably no better summer fruit than a fresh peach — especially if it’s organic (conventional peaches top the list for pesticides).
An obvious vehicle for tortilla or pita chips, this salsa is also an awesome topping for grilled fish or chicken. Equally tasty with pineapple, mango or nectarine.
You will need:
- 3 large just-ripe peaches
- 1/2 C diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice, from 2 to 3 limes
- 1/2 C fresh cilantro, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cut the peaches into small chunks, then combine them in a bowl with the other ingredients. Let sit for several minutes to allow the flavors to combine.