Run Camp + Entry package is SOLD OUT! Standalone entries are still available.
Open to all runners, this camp offers an introduction to the Blueprint for Athletes Leadville Trail 100 Run presented by New Balance and is the perfect training tool for this year's race. Seasoned veterans provide a great education as you cover the LT100 Run course over a three-day period. 50 LT100 Run entries are available on a first-come-first-served basis as a package deal with Blueprint for Athletes Leadville Trail 100 Run Camp registration (SOLD OUT for 2016). Run Camp is also offered as a stand-alone purchase. This option open to anyone, even those not participating in the Leadville Trail 100 Run, for $325 and is still available. Reserve your spot now!
Whether you're a "Race Across the Sky" first-timer or an old hand, we encourage you to join us in Leadville for an informative look at the country’s most scenic and challenging ultra-run course. Group training runs — both day and night — will familiarize you with key sections of the course, and discussion sessions with race veterans will help you get the most out of your race experience. Come spend some quality time with us and get to know your fellow racers. Our training camp is an experience you will carry with you forever.
We like to think of it as a long weekend of good food, good running and good friends. Please note that the schedule may have to be adjusted due to the snowpack, but we’ll try to keep you informed as the run date approaches.
All or part of this operation is conducted on Public Lands under special permit from the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.
The Leadville Race Series is proud to offer all athletes attending our 2016 Leadville Trail 100 Run Training Camp an incredible list of products when they arrive in Leadville. A new list of 2016 items will be announced soon!
Day 1 | June 24
• 12:00 – 6:00 p.m. Packet pickup at 316 Harrison Ave.
Day 2 | June 25
• 6:30 a.m. Pre-run breakfast provided by LRS. Packet pickup at 316 Harrison Ave.
• 7:30 a.m. Buses begin loading
• 8:00 a.m. Buses depart
• 8:00 a.m. Run planned for the day is May Queen Campground to Twin Lakes Fire House (26 miles). Transport provided by LRS from breakfast to May Queen. LRS will set up two well-equipped aid stations on course at the Outward Bound (Fish Hatchery) and Half Pipe for support during the run.
• 2:30 – 4:00 p.m. Transportation running from the Fire House back to Leadville, 316 Harrison Ave.
• 6:00 p.m. Post-run dinner provided by LRS at 316 Harrison Ave.
• 7:00 p.m. An experienced panel comprised of the LT100’s past and present Elite ultra-runners, crew members and race management will discuss “What it takes to finish the Leadville Trail 100 at the Historic Tabor Opera House (next to 316 Harrison Ave.).
Day 3 | June 26
• 6:30 a.m. Meet for pre-run breakfast supplied by LRS at 316 Harrison Ave
• 7:30 a.m. Buses begin loading
• 8:00 a.m. Buses depart
• 8:00 a.m. Run begins at Twin Lakes- Willis Gulch, over Hope Pass (THERE IS SNOW IN AREAS, PLEASE BE CAREFUL) to Winfield and return (approximately 20 miles).
• 12:00 p.m. Cookout at Twin Lakes.
• 3:00 p.m. Transportation departs back to Leadville, 316 Harrison Ave.
Day 4 | June 27
• 4:00 p.m. Crew and runner/pacer meeting at 316 Harrison Ave Warehouse.
• 8:00 p.m. Load transportation to May Queen at 316 Harrison Ave.
• 8:45 p.m. Run begins at May Queen, ending at LRS Headquarters, 316 Harrison Ave. (15 miles)
• 10:30 p.m. Burritos, hot chocolate and more at LRS Headquarters, 316 Harrison Ave.
Each day make sure you have:
Leadville is located approximately 100 mountainous miles west of Denver. Plan to arrive early to account for the two-hour travel time from Denver International Airport. For your return flight, keep in mind that Sunday afternoons traveling back to Denver are often characterized by heavy traffic and can take significantly longer than two hours.
You are responsible for your transportation to, from and in Leadville. We suggest the following options and will do our best to provide guidance in pairing you with other campers wishing to share transportation costs:
• Rental car (depending on bike transport, opt for a two- to four- passenger vehicle)
• Colorado Mountain Express charter service. CME charters vans and will take a group all the way to Leadville. They can accommodate 10 people per van without bikes, or five to seven with bikes for a charter price of $390/van (each way). They can arrange different pick-up times with enough advance notice.
From the very beginning, volunteers have made the Blueprint for Athletes Leadville Trail 100 Run Training Camp possible. We truly appreciate all that our great volunteers do to make our races run smoothly and to make the racers' experience unforgettable.
If you are going to be in town for the LT100 Run Training Camp, we would love for you to join the family and pitch in. Thanks in advance for your help — we couldn't do it without you!
Click the register button in the box below to learn more!
Qualifications: Entrants under 18 years must deliver a signed Parental Release & Waiver to participate.
Mandatory: Photo ID required at check-in.
Leadville Policy Agreement: Please understand that the Blueprint for Athletes Leadville Race Series does not allow refunds or transfers for camp entries and registration fees.
If you wish to defer your LT100 entry to the 2017 Leadville race season please understand that your entry will roll over only 1 year, however the LT100 registration fee will not. If you choose to defer your entry you must re-pay the LT100 registration fee in full. If you choose to defer just your camp entry, it will be a $50 fee.
All deferments must be confirmed by Abby Long, firstname.lastname@example.org, at least one week prior to the race.
Email our media team for athlete interviews, event information and event credentials.