The Leadville training camp is open to all runners! This camp is a great introduction to what the Leadville Trail 100 Run will take if you are considering the run down the road, or if you are using it as part of your training for this year's race. This camp will provide a great education from many seasoned veterans, as you cover the Leadville Trail 100 Run course over a three-day period.
Whether you're a "Race Across the Sky" first-timer or an old hand, we encourage you to join us in Leadville for an informative look at the country’s most scenic and challenging ultra-run course. Group training runs – both day and night – will familiarize you with key sections of the course. There will also be discussion sessions with race veterans to help you get the most out of your race experience. Come spend some quality time with us and get to know your fellow racers. Our training camp is an experience you will carry with you forever.
We like to think of it as a long weekend of good food, good running and good friends. Please note that the schedule may have to be adjusted due to the snowpack, but we’ll try to keep you informed as the run date approaches.
Friday, June 27
• 12:00 – 6:00 p.m. Packet pickup at 316 Harrison Ave.
• 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Intro presentation and sponsor demos at 316 Harrison Ave
Saturday, June 28
• 6:30 a.m. Pre-run breakfast provided by LRS. Packet pickup at 6th Street Gym.
• 7:00 a.m. Run planned for the day is May Queen Campground to Twin Lakes Fire House (26 miles). Transport provided by LRS from breakfast to May Queen. LRS will set up two well-equipped aid stations on course at the Outward Bound (Fish Hatchery) and Half Pipe for support during the run.
• 2:30 – 4:00 p.m. Transportation running from the Fire House back to Leadville, 6th Street Gym.
• 6:00 p.m. Post-run dinner provided by LRS at 316 Harrison Ave.
• 7:00 p.m. An experienced panel comprised of the LT100’s past and present Elite ultra-runners, crew members and race management will discuss “What it takes to finish the Leadville Trail 100 at the Historic Tabor Opera House.
Sunday, June 29
• 6:30 a.m. Meet for pre-run breakfast supplied by LRS at 6th Street Gym
• 7:00 a.m. Transportation to Twin Lakes Parry Peak Campground.
• 8:00 a.m. Run begins at Twin Lakes Parry Peak Campground, over Hope Pass to Winfield and return (approximately 20 miles).
• 12:00 p.m. Cookout at Twin Lakes.
• 3:00 p.m. Transportation departs back to Leadville, 6th Street Gym.
Monday, June 30
• 4:00 p.m. Crew and runner/pacer meeting at 213 Harrison Ave.
• 8:00 p.m. Load transportation to May Queen at 316 Harrison Ave.
• 8:45 p.m. Run begins at May Queen, ending at LRS Headquarters, 316 Harrison Ave. (15 miles)
• 10:30 p.m. Burritos, hot chocolate and more at LRS Headquarters, 316 Harrison Ave.
Date: Friday, June 27 - Monday, June 30, 2014
Pricing: $325 registration fee
Qualifications: Entrants under 18 years must deliver a signed Parental Release & Waiver to attend.
Registration: Opens January 1, 2014
Leadville Policy Agreement: Please understand that the Leadville Race Series does not allow refunds or transfers for all race entries and registration fees.
If you wish to defer your entry to the 2015 Leadville race season please understand that your entry will roll over only 1 year, however the registration fee will not. If you choose to defer your entry you must re-pay the event registration fee.
Lodging arrangements must be made on your own. You can find a list of local lodging on web page: Where to Stay & Eat. Make sure you tell them you’re with the Leadville Trail 100, as some of the lodges may be offering discounts.
Where to stay
Leadville is located approximately 100 mountainous miles west of Denver. Plan to arrive early to account for the two-hour travel time from Denver International Airport. For your return flight, keep in mind that Sunday afternoons traveling back to Denver are often characterized by heavy traffic and can take significantly longer than two hours.
Transportation to Leadville
You are responsible for your transportation to, from and in Leadville. We suggest the following options and will do our best to provide guidance in pairing you with other campers wishing to share transportation costs:
•Rental car (depending on bike transport, opt for a two- to four- passenger vehicle)
Colorado Mountain Express charter service. CME charters vans and will take a group all the way to Leadville. They can accommodate 10 people per van without bikes, or five to seven with bikes for a charter price of $390.00/van (each way). They can arrange different pick-up times with enough advance notice.
Athlete Services & Registration Manager